Members of chambers have recently acted in cases in Hong Kong, Trinidad and Tobago, Brunei and Grenada.
One member of chambers is currently serving as Senior Crown Counsel (Specialist) in Bermuda, and another is seconded to the Department of Public Prosecutions in the Cayman Islands.
Prominent international cases have included:
- Representing the Department of Justice in Hong Kong in an appeal concerning letters of request to China;
- Acting in the Court of Final Appeal in Hong Kong in a case involving a barrister who contacted a prosecution witness on the limits of the offence of perverting the court of justice;
- Acting for the DPP of Trinidad and Tobago in a case concerning the largest collapse of a financial conglomerate in the Caribbean;
- Acting for the DPP of Trinidad and Tobago on the corruption arising out of the construction of the new Piarco Airport in Trinidad and Tobago; and
- Representing a suspect in the International Criminal Court investigation into the situation in Darfur.
Members of chambers have lectured internationally on behalf of the General Council of the Bar; carried out investigations under the auspices of the United Nations; acted as a UK Government Criminal Justice Advisor in Ethiopia; and participated in a long-term monitoring scheme for senior prosecutor in Oman.