Oliver Sells KC
Since taking silk he has been involved in numerous high profile cases both at first instance and on appeal.
Advising on Revenue offences, asset forfeiture and confiscation proceedings form a significant part of his practice and he has regularly represented prosecutors, receivers, and third parties in the Crown Court, High Court, Court of Appeal and House of Lords on matters relating to the restraint, receivership and confiscation of property.
His practice areas also include:
- Criminal law – specialising in commercial fraud, revenue and excise offences, money laundering, asset forfeiture
- Trade descriptions
- Statutory, regulatory and disciplinary inquiries
- Judicial Review
- Human Rights Law
Money Laundering, asset forfeiture and confiscation
- Blue Arrow (representing County Nat West director)
- BCCI (SFO prosecution)
- R v Riley (corrupt customs officer)
- Operation Advice
- Operations Methusaleh, Jeroboam and Bottle
R v Dosanjh  1 CAR 371 Criminal Sentencing, Appeal Against Sentence, Fraudulent Evasion of Chargeable Duty, guideline case