Her work encompasses the spectrum of criminal offending, with an increasing focus on serious and organised crime. She has extensive experience of undertaking multi-handed cases, both in her own name and as a led junior.
Georgina is a CPS Grade 3 prosecutor and also regularly prosecutes on behalf of Trading Standards.
Georgina has recently worked overseas. As the UK Government’s Criminal Justice Adviser to Ethiopia, she worked in region to help counter organised crime, in particular human trafficking and smuggling.
- R v P – Successfully defended man accused of committing historic sex offences against his daughter.
- R v F – Successfully prosecuted man accused of voyeurism offences committed against his daughter.
- R v S & others – Prosecution junior to Deanna Heer in gangland attempted murder tried at the Central Criminal Court.
- R v Rasheed – Prosecution junior to Stephen Hopper in prosecution of an NCA investigation into a money service bureau manager who laundered over £10m through a network in the Netherlands and UAE.
- R v Hussain and others – Prosecution junior to Katharine Robinson in 6-handed referral fee fraud on behalf of City of London Police and CPS Complex Casework Unit.
- R v Stubley and Lee – Prosecuted defendants who received a total of 29 years imprisonment for robbery.R v Youngs – Obtained suspended prison sentence for pensioner who grew £115,000-worth of cannabis to pay for his funeral.
- R v Graver and others – Prosecution junior in multi-handed conspiracy to supply drugs; involved complex disclosure issues.
- R v Laher – Obtained acquittal for defendant accused of sexually assaulting young pupil from his madrasa.
- R v Khan – Secured acquittal of defendant accused of importing £20,000-worth of heroin. Issues relating to destruction of evidence, confessions, covert sources and abuse of process.
- R v Thompson – Represented carer responsible for assaulting disabled patient in his care.
- R v X – Defended 16-year-old with severe learning & behavioural difficulties in the Youth Court on charges of sexual assault of a 3 and 6 year-old. Issues of abuse of process and fitness to plead.
- R v Kolompar and others – Four-handed people-trafficking case. Prosecution junior to Tim Capstick.
- R v Wilcock and others – Prosecution junior to Richard Wright QC in nine-handed conspiracy to produce and supply cannabis; involved extensive confiscation proceedings.
- R v Saunders – Conspiracy to defraud prosecution on behalf of National Trading Standards eCrime unit. Defendant set up a complex web of fraudulent online businesses to effect scams.
- R v Jones – Prosecuted ‘rogue traders’ for fraud and offences contrary to the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations. Case involved numerous and vulnerable complainants
- R v Clough – Successfully prosecuted builder for multiple frauds on vulnerable victims in a case featured on ITV’s Rogue Traders
- R v Jones, Dodds & Wild – Successfully prosecuted defendants for mis-selling will-writing services and financial products under the Consumer Protection Regulations
- R v Christofi & others – Prosecution junior to Katherine Robinson in four-handed £2million conspiracy to defraud and regulatory prosecution. Case involved around 200 complainants